08 October, 2006

Art roundabout

With an extra day to kill in Beijing due to unforeseen circumstances, I find myself posting a final mishmash of art worth looking at. Leftovers from ArtBeijing and the best of visit to Songzhuang. I particularly liked the way the gallery in SZ labeled the art - with chalked walls. Pity I lost the small square of paper that half of the artist's names were written on - Yi Gang maybe you can help?? That will also remind me to talk about the Island Project at a later date. Apologies for the uncredited work.
Wu Jun Yong (strange and dark animations that seem to be obsessed with repetitive copulation)

Ji Dachun (minimalist shellac painting)

Lia Jianhua (porcelain headless figures "Game")

Dong Wook Lee (Benz figurines)

Mao Yan (ghostly pale figure paintings)

Lou Shenyi (fluoro pink scribble painter - fresh)

Hanglei (digital photography as genre painting)

Gu Dexin (black & white stick figure animations - chop off my head machine)
And more.