10 November, 2006

Double (no triple) crossed

When I'm not in Walmart, I choose to spend my spare time in church. Or rather outside churches, trying to work out what makes Episcopal, Pentecostal, Baptist, Neo-revolutionary, or the Church for Everyone conceptually different. I'll report back when I have it sussed, but in the meantime let me know what you think of this. Semiotic interpretations abound... I think it's just plain cool. First, it's a cross. No wait, a dove flying into the bible on a lecturn. No, I've got it now... a bishops robe being engulfed by the fires of Hell.

I don't know if this monument to the power of graphic design is a purely local affair, or if the world is being taken over on 3 fronts. And I don't care - I love it. It's aspirational, and makes your pants wet with fear at the same time. 10/10