21 December, 2006

Absent friends

It's been a while, and I'm feeling the pressure to post. It's been 3 weeks of schizophrenic living (West Village, East Village, and from next week, Brooklyn), coupled with strange office parties, good food and a growing ass. I've seen hoochimamas, gangsters, all kinds of curly wurlys, and I'm starting to wonder why my brothers won't be getting out of jail this Christmas? Look, even the spelling has gone whack!

Recently, I have been carrying a camera but not taking pictures - just getting caught up in the intricacies of life in New York (read here: apartment hunting, job sniffing, trying to find the perfect boots for winter). It's all finally falling into place. Boots have been bought, leases almost signed, and jobs almost ready to choose from. Who could ask for more than that this Christmas? The
Hanukkah trucks are even honking their crazy horns and flashing me the 9- candled salute as we speak.

Here's a building in Nolita, marked for demolition. It has been an artist's haven for the past x+1 years and now it's bing visited by pilgrims in its final hours.