29 December, 2006

Keys to the castle (aka No Sleep Till -)

It's official - I'm moving boroughs. I fought long and hard against the idea - yeh, I know Brooklyn is a cool place but given I've just moved the New York shouldn't I get some of that Manhattan experience?? The conversation between myself and I went something like this for at least a week. But eventually I caved in and chose space over a shoe box.

I picked up the keys yesterday to my Park slope residence. So for all you old skool letter-writing types, I can now be found at 812 8th Ave, Apt 3B, Brooklyn, NY 11215. Here's a sneak preview of the new digs, and for those interested in the colourful history of the area click here.

The view from my rooftop - see... Manhattan isn't that far away.

I love the old marble and mosaic tile staircases.

The entrance to the apartment makes it seem so much grander... a huge long hallway with exposed brick leads you in.

Living room with non-functionaing fireplace.

Bedroom looking back out past bathroom, kitchen and into living room.

Julian kindly blowing up my one piece of furniture - an air mattress.

And finally, the view from my bedroom, which looks out towards the city through the back yards of a block of brownstones. Noyce.