10 April, 2007

69 posts and mounting (you haven't lived till you've shopped in the 8-12's section)

It seems fitting that my 69th post should be about girls in pyjamas. And boys in pyjamas. And one in a suit. Last weekend, hostess-with-the-mostess Jessica dressed up in a pink mumu, moomoo (but not miu miu) and dished out car bombs coupled with truffled mushroom crostinis. For those of us who remember Kid'n'Play's famous Pyjama-jammy-jam, you get the idea.

The party was fun, but buying the outfit was even fun-er. I was originally shopping for a racing car themed top-and-bottoms set in the little boys section, but the summer has brought on a hard core fad of Ninja Turtles and strange, unheard-of sports stars, which isn't really my scene. So I ended up in the 8-12yr old section; at least, that's what I think it was. Did you know they make little girl whore PJs these days? Further damning evidence of the weirdness of American teens. Or should I say 'tweens'? In any case, I was able to pick up a fabulous mint green floral teddy, with matching Japanese-hooker-meets-suburban-mom robe (pictured below). So wrong... but such a good price.