24 June, 2007

From high brow to low brow, in no particular order

Back in London and I jusst can't get enough of old man pubs. I never realised just how much I missed them, or how sorely lacking they are in a big city like New York.

I wanted to annotate these pictures, but ever since Google took over I can't see my pictures when I'm writing (Google, if you're listening... and I know you are, because of all that targeted advertising...). So annoying.

So here's a selection - feel free to make Derrida-esque connections between completely unrelated items. There's the amazing Gormley exhibition at the Hayward. The ads for the National Gallery - putting copies of classics in public places. There's an Arthur's fry-up (nothing changed there). The pubs and more pubs. There's installation art and Selfridges windows. And then there's Kieron looking mighty fine in a hoodie of his own devising - you can't see the image until you take a photo (with a flash, of course - heence the visual gag). All in all, an awesome week of vacation.